My Favourite Things – The Brogue

You may be able to tell from the name, I am a little addicted to brogues.  I mainly love that they are so versatile – I wear them to work, to go shopping, or to go out for dinner.  I wear them with knee length dresses, midi length skirts, or ankle length jeans.  I own them in a multitude of shades and textures and have bought them for a range of prices.  To me, they are the perfect shoe.

A quick styling tip.  Because these are a heavier shoe, it is harder to get the most flattering look.  Try your brogue on with different lengths and widths of clothes (top and bottom) – you will find the style that works best for your body shape.  Also, you know I love a light coloured shoe – again, most flattering for leg length and shape.  Oh, and one final thing, always look at the back of your outfit in the mirror too!!

So of course, I have a wishlist.  Because out of all the brogues I own, I don’t have the cut-outs, or the two tone or the buckle ones.  Here are a few to choose from…

Two bargains, and two a little more pricey;)  I own the Debenhams pink brogues and they are really comfy – a brilliant choice for the price.

The asos ones are a good price to try out the trend, although I don’t feel the cut-outs are as versatile, I’m not sure I’d still be wearing these next season?

My favourites – sometimes it’s good to stick with what you know best!!

brogues.jpg

Clarks Hamble Oak £54.99 – Boden The Lace Up £71.40

Any other suggestions of your favourite brogue?

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Pin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponEmail to someone

8 Comments on My Favourite Things – The Brogue

1. Margaret Irvine
    June 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM (3 years ago)

I love my two tone cream brogues from Dune – very like the pair from Clarks! The Mulberry brogues are gorgeous.

• silverbrogues
      June 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM (3 years ago)

I love the colour options that Dune have, but am so sold on these ones from Clarks. I need to stop talking and start buying!! I love how subtle the Mulberry brogues are:)

2. girlinbrogues
    June 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM (3 years ago)

A fellow brogues fanatic! Yay!

I am a huge fan of Clarks’ Hamble Oak. I’ve been through three pairs now and worn them all down.

Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

• silverbrogues
      June 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM (3 years ago)

Out of all the brogues I have tried on, these are definitely at the top of the wishlist. I feel I should be buying sandals at the moment, but with this weather?! Think I might cave soon!

3. Cous Cous and Cork Wedges
    June 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM (3 years ago)

I love the Clarks Hambles! I haven’t gone there yet but think this Autumn I shall have to try! Ax

• silverbrogues
      June 17, 2014 at 4:01 PM (3 years ago)

I keep looking for a discount code on this pair but to no avail – I have bought 3 cheaper pairs instead but I still want the Clarks ones!! Should have just paid out:)

4. Lyn
    June 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM (3 years ago)

Love your picks! The pink ones from debenhams are fab for the price! I do love the Clarks Hamble Oak, very comfy and well made, just now I have them in black patent and navy blue suede, but I love the white and grey for summer. I agree with you on the cut out versions, they are lovely but maybe don’t have the same staying power as the brogue xx

• silverbrogues
      June 17, 2014 at 3:59 PM (3 years ago)

The Clarks are your ultimate classic, but I love tht there are so many brogue options in the shops now:)